Wednesday, April 29, 2009

more make-up

So... here are some pics of the latest person I worked on, my classmate Jess. I'm really happy the way it came out... every time I apply make up, it gets easier and easier... especially cause I'm learning little tips and tricks! 

Here's a before and after... I was going for  a kinda "fresh" look. I didn't want her to look like I slapped her with a make up palette, and it kinda came out exactly as I wanted!

I used a basic liquid foundation and a little under eye concealer to get her skin evened out. She didn't need much, her skin was pretty normal, not oily or dry, a few freckles, and almost no blemishes... so I kinda lucked out. I set it with a translucent powder, and moved on to the eyes. 

I started with her eyebrows and gently grazed them with light brown shadow so fill them in. Her eyebrows are already much darker than her hair, but I didn't want to go too dark.. so I added a light brown to set them.


Since I wanted to stay in a more fresh feel, I stuck to light shimmers for the eye make up. I covered the lid in a light shimmer gold mixed with a little light pink to give it a rosy undertone. I went into the crease with a slightly darker version of the lid color and then highlighted the brow bone with a soft white. I took me a while to blend it together so there weren't any harsh lines, but it worked.
 



I finished her eyes off with a dark brown mascara, and used a brownish purple shadow for liner to maker her blue eyes pop. 

I added a litle contouring to the cheeks and sides of the forhead to balance her out, and then finished with the lip application. 

For her lips I used a natural lip pencil to outline and used it to fill them in as well. Then I applied a clear gloss to set the pencil and give a brightness to her smile. 





That's it for now... I'm sure I'll have more soon :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment